Getting around


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
September 27th 2012
Published: September 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Firstly the Metro is such a beautiful system it is an efficient, safe and clean way to travel.Some carriages are for men only some women and children only and some mixed, so there is something for everyone. We got in the mixed and it was ok except there is definitely more men in this part of the world. NO EATING ON THE Metro. A clean swipe of the card and you're in. No gaps between carriage and platform. (Hello City Rail.)

Taxis are always there for you. A 4Kim ride would be about $5aud.they are fast big and air conditioned as is everything enclosed. Taxi drivers and ALL official staff are polite and respectful and Miranda agrees she always feels safe.

Most people have a car hence the busyness but gee it's HOT. It's cooling down and it's still about 40C.

The photos, one of the metro was taken from Miranda's apartment balcony. The other is the stream of traffic below yet with double glazed windows and tinting you cannot hear a thing inside.She is on Sheik Zaed Rd and this is what her view is. I still cannot get how ALL cars are super modern. See the
Burj Kalifa in the background. (I read in the SMH that there are plans to build a km high one to rival this 800m one.) Oh.They drive very fast can be impatient but maybe the beeping is more habit than road rage. I love being called Mam.We were waiting for a taxi one night and a bus came along first and really it didn't matter- he was friendly obliging and oh so curious about Australia. Being Australian is a great conversation starter.

I also took a photo of the building next door which is a fantastic dividing screen; on the left is the 'old town and to the right is the fabulous new!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement






Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb