How many arab!!!!!????


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was Wedneday 18th July and myself and Luke got to Newcastle Airport early, obviously to get a few pints down us before a nawwwty 7 hour flight. With the brain concentrating on a having a nice cold pint...... that's all it concentrated on. I therefore completely forgot to pick my travel cards up in the airport. Gutted! Unlucky!

Anyway, we got on our flight, which was the extra leg room seats. Helllowww! We could practically lie down. Time for refreshements and to our amazement, all alcohol was free. Helllowww again! We were in our element and eventually drunk the heineken dry. We unfortunately had to move on to Amstel, Amstel light!

The flight flew over and we were rolling up to our 4* Arabian hotel. Unfortunately we didn't know the name of the currency used in Dubai so to make it easier for us special people we used the term 'Arab.' To the Taxi driver - 'How much Arab is that?' The term never got boring and always gave us a giggle! Bags were dropped off and straight to the pub.

Next morning, we woke up and went straight to the gym. Somehow we wern't hungover. This was finished off with a dip in the outside pool, which lasted about 5 minutes. Far too hot! As any other tourist would, the day was spent sightseeing. We went to some whizz khalifa tower, the biggest in dubai and it is safe to say we were robbed of 100 Arab. To pay to go up some tower, the least I expect is to go to the top. We probably got just over half way. To be fair though, the views were decent. Next stop was the dubai mall. It was grand. Nee eldon square though. The rest of the day was spent wondering. I got some smashing ice cream. It was that good in fact that I went back and bought some more. I got done for 40 Arab!!!!!

The night time was going to be spent clubbing, but since it was ramadan a lot of the clubs don't play music. So the night was spent in the English Pub. What was going to be a quiet night since we didn't have much money, we overheard a lady at the bar saying she was retiring at 45. Me and Luke looked at each other, we both thought the same thing. Helllowww!Being poilte we said Hello, made some conversation and about 10 minutes later are first free drink was bought. By the end of the night the bar bill was over 1200 Arab. This is over 200 quid!By this time it was 4am, we had to be up for 6am for our flight to Bangkok. We somehow managed to get up bright and early, but at the same time absolutely hanging. We checked in and the plan was to sleep for the whole flight. This was impossible. Sleeping on a plane hungover doesn't work. We finally arrived in Bangkok after what seemed like a 20 hour flight.



Next stop...... Koh San road.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb