up to date


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
April 19th 2010
Published: April 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ok i apologise that its been so long since i have updated this, so much has happened since i last wrote something here!

i went up to collingwood for a week, unfortunately i was sick so didnt really to much there!

After that i went to Winnipeg for a bit of work, so nothing exciting really!

then went back n spent another 4 nights in Toronto, where i got drunk with some Irish guys and some british guys... met some lovely Canadian girls and surprise surprise didnt want to leave!

I had a weeks accom in atlantic city after that which was alotta gambling for me! made quite a bitta cash in the first few days but had some bad luck the next couple of days but still walked away ahead!

Then visited DC saw all the sights... then back to new york to wait for my flight to the UK

It was about a month ago when i arrived in Manchester and stayed with our family friends the Lanes. Because i was soooo buggered from NY and DC when i arrived at their house i slept from 10pm til 5pm the next day! while staying with the lanes i went and saw Manchester United play Liverpool. Was an amazing atmosphere! too bad we lost but i still had an awesome time! i also took a weekend trip up to sheffield, leeds and liverpool.

at sheffield i visted a mate that i havent seen since i was 17 when we were in Japan together, we caught up, had a few beers and played some fight night! then I went to Leeds where i caught up with Steve who id met in Canada and surprise surprise we went out for more beers!

i woke up the next day and jumped on a train to liverpool where i was hoping id get a ticket to the soccer, but after circling the ground for half an hour i started to lose faith, however i got lucky when i found a scalper and bought a ticket off him! the game was amazing. Torres scored 2 goals one which was AMAZIING and Glen Johnson got one too!

I went back to the Lanes for a few more nights then back to liverpool to do the tour of anfield and catch up with a friend!

After a few days there i headed down to london when i was staying at a hostel n met some nice german girls but completely forgot their names after about 20 mins! saw the sights and did a bit more drinking!

From London i flew to Dubai where i Met my parents and anthony and hung out for a few days at Atlantis and Bab al Shams, to of the best hotels ive ever stayed in. After that we flew to the Maldives where i caught up with steve, jessa and jessas bf dave!

we were there in paradise and i didnt wanna leave. When i got to the airport i found out about the volcano in iceland has made it so alot of flights in europe have been cancelled... but the guy at emirates swore that my flight was still going from dubai to heathrow, so i left paradise thinking id only be in dubai for a few hours... however when i arrived i found that my flight HAD been cancelled n that they had no idea when i will be elligible to leave here!

I arrived here on Friday, it is now monday and the ash is still spewing out of the volcano without signs of slowing!

I had a contiki tour that left yesterday which i have missed but im rescheduled for one on the 26th of april so i HOPE that i can still make that!

keep ur figers crossed for me!!!!! :P

x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb