Tuesday in Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
December 3rd 2009
Published: December 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

This was our last day in Dubai, so we decided to do something really fun. For the first part of the day, we went out to the backcountry, where there isn’t much besides sand and a few hardy plants. We drove around in the car for a while on some back country “roads”, having fun going over the extreme bumps and getting jolted around. Then, we stopped for lunch, and had a go at sand boarding down a nearby dune. Everyone went, even Dad. The upside is that it is loads of fun going down the dunes. The downside is that you then have to climb back up the dune, which is extremely hard to do in soft sand, and gets your shoes absolutely filled with sand. I am not the world’s finest sand boarder, but I did ok. We spent a while doing that, and exploring the general area, then headed into the city, where Dad and I hopped out, because Jerome had to take the kids to an English lesson.

We wandered around a local park for a while, then attempted to get a taxi to the apartment. However, the guy got lost, and we ended up running around near the beach and marina front shops, looking for the building. Luckily, we found it quite quickly. There, we changed into shorts and headed out onto the beach to enjoy a beautiful sunset. We wandered along the beach, walking barefoot in the water, picking up shells along the way. We had good fun talking and taking our last looks at Dubai. We then went back to the apartment, and played pool (accompanied by French wine and classical music) for a little while before going out to dinner with Jerome. Dinner was good but spicy, as we ate at an Indian restaurant, where they served us many different kinds of a food called dosas. My personal favorite remains the chocolate dosa. We went back to Jerome’s place, where we crashed, knowing that the morning would come far too soon.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb