Muscat to Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
December 3rd 2009
Published: December 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

At 5:10 am, I woke up and realized that we had not received our wakeup call. I quickly woke Stephen and we packed, got dressed, and hussled down to the hotel lobby. When I asked the clerk on duty about the requested taxi, he knew nothing about it, and said that as this was the Eid, no taxi was available. We had an “up close and personal discussion” about our circumstances, and he got us a taxi so that we (barely) made our bus at 6:00 am.

The next six hours, or so, were uneventful. We drove through very rough terrain to Dubai. The one notable part of the day was the three (3)!!! hours that it took to cross the border into the UAE. We did, however, finally make it.

At the bus station, we grabbed a cab to take us to our friend, Jerome’s apartment. On the way, phoned him. He helped the driver with directions, and told us that he left the apartment key at a restaurant, Arz Lebanon, which is just downstairs from his unit. As he was not yet home, we got the key from the restaurant, had dinner there, and then went to the apartment to wait for Jerome.

Jerome’s apartment is worth describing. . . it’s a three bedroom unit, each with its own bathroom, that is large enough to have a (nearly) full size pool table in one room. It is on the 21st floor of his building, the Upper Penthouse. . .not bad. On one side, the view is of the marina (where he keeps his boat), and the other two sides are mostly tall apartment buildings, with a view of the beach between them. This is good living, and is a great respite for us on this trip. Life is good!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb