Sand, Sun & Skyscrapers


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
November 8th 2008
Published: November 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well.... no photos yet but just a quick note to say hello. Will try to update this from Saudi if possible... but who knows. All has been uneventful so far.... as we have just had the first day here in Dubai. Flights were uneventful... with a short delay leaving Vancouver as someone was determined to be too drunk to fly (at 3pm??), so they had to offload his luggage. Frankfurt... well... the armpit of airports really... but nice bratwurst. Nice flight down here... with me reading all night as Toddy watched movies and slept. I am a wee bit jealous.

Scaffolding and construction cranes are the current main attraction here as the building blitz continues. Wonder when Dubia will be finished?? Ha Ha. Staying at a lovely hotel in the middle of who knows where... though just 5 minutes from the massive Deira City Center Mall.... so that comes in handy! 7 of the group are here... and I am off to the airport at midnight to collect 13 more. Easy morning for the group tomorrow... and then off to the airport at 3pm... for the flight to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I can't wait.

No stories to tell..... just wish that this was not a 'dry' hotel... as I sure could use a beer!

m & t

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 16; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb