Burj Al Arab


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
August 10th 2007
Published: August 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The burj foyerThe burj foyerThe burj foyer

The beautiful foyer to the burj
We had the decided glory of going to the Burj Al Arab for high tea on Friday. It was totally fab. I have been told that you either love or hate the Burj and I have to say that I loved it. I thought that it was just wonderful. So colorful and full of life. The Emirates Palace in Abu Dhbai is more to the taste of a lot of people, but I found it a bit dull, all palcid colors and heavy with gold.

Whereas the Burj was jsut totally over the top, and proud. The water fountains there were something quite special as well. They danced up and down, and around and actually carried the light through them.

The high tea was amazing. An awful lot of food and I think we all thought that we would never eat again for a long time. I lasted about two hours until I got hungry again, much to the astonishment of everyone else.

The high tea party consisted of Wendy and David Cutfield (visiting from NZ) and our usual suspects of Rod and Jess O'Connor. We ate at the Sahn Eddar Lobby Lounge and had the most wonderful array of food.

After the high tea we were allowed to have a bit of a wander around the parts of the hotel that guests are allowed to see. So we went down to the underwater restaurant and saw the amazing aquarium and beautiful table settings. We then went up to check out the spa and Jessie and I decided that we would have to pay a visit to this spa before the summer was over ( it is a little pricey however).




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The chandelierThe chandelier
The chandelier

The gorgeous chandelier in the foyer. It was so beautiful
The foyerThe foyer
The foyer

So much color
The water featureThe water feature
The water feature

The fantastic water feature at the Burj
Fishes.......Fishes.......
Fishes.......

in the underwater restaurant


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb