Dhubai Here We Come


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
February 28th 2007
Published: February 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The BerjThe BerjThe Berj

One of the most prestigious hotels in the world....WoW
Well when we woke up this morning the sun was shinning and beconning us to the beach, so we set off in Jodie's car to Dhubai and the famous Jameera Beach.

Well almost anyway. Jodie decided that we should have a few detours and after driving into a couple of building sites and seeing a few 'Deep Excavation' signs and 'Caution! Road Surprises' signs we made it to the beach.

What is a Road Surprise anyway? The road from Abu Dhabi to Dhubai couldn't be any straighter if the Romans had built it and yet every now and again we would see these signs dotted along the road. Dis the road hold surprises for unsuspecting drivers, was this a conspiracy by the government to keep you guessing or someone's idea of a joke? We never did find out but then again we never saw any surprises either hahahaha.

Wow what a lovey place. The waves were crashing against the shore (very big waves). It was great, I was in a beautiful place and in great company what more could I have asked for. We laughed non stop especially when Bob and Jodie decided to dig a hole
DhubaiDhubaiDhubai

One of the many building sites we visited on our way to the beach hahahahah
under Matt's towel, it didn't go to plan as Matt guessed what they were up to but it did make us laugh. And then it was off to Mall of the Emirates for dinner and some shopping.

The Mall of the Emirates is like Blue Water, just bigger and better and it has an indoor ski resort which is really strange, Ski Dhubai. After dinner Matt and Bob decided to go skiing whilst Jodie and I shopped.

Another amazing day, but there was even more adventure to come because we got lost going home. I know what you are saying, 'how can you get lost on a straight road', but you can if you are going in the wrong direction and can't turn the car round hahahahahaha. We eventually turned around and headed back to Abu Dhabi, which ended up on a wing and a prayer as we were running out of petrol and had no idea how far we could go on 'EMPTY', it was a hire car so we didn't know. How can it be that a country rich in sand and oil has no petrol stations along the road, not one, I couldn't believe it.
Baywatch it's NotBaywatch it's NotBaywatch it's Not

They may not be life guards, but they are cute and they're my friends, Matt and Bob off for a swim or more like a jump as water far to choppy for swimming, so we just jumped the waves.
At one point we thought we had a long walk home but we made it....Phew.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Me and JodieMe and Jodie
Me and Jodie

My friend Jodie, don't we look happy?
Matt and BobMatt and Bob
Matt and Bob

The best looking guys on the beach. At least they weren't wearing speedos even if Matt's hat is a bit questionable hahahahhaha
Bob and Jodie digging the hole.Bob and Jodie digging the hole.
Bob and Jodie digging the hole.

They tried their best, but Matt foiled their plan hahahaha
Ski DhubaiSki Dhubai
Ski Dhubai

The oddest thing to find in the desert is a ski resort, beleive me I know.


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb