Dubai UAE - Day 9 - Final Friday brunch


Advertisement
Published: July 2nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today is our last full day on land in Dubai. Tomorrow, we board the cruise on Spectrum of the Seas.

Theresa has been affected the last couple of days by the amount of sand in the air. To try to stop this progressing into something worse, she went looking for something to help it this morning. She could not locate a chemist, but found the supermarket and got some throat lozenges. That should help. Whilst she was there, she also stocked up on some extra supplies that we shall need whilst we are on the cruise.

We have a booking at the Salt and Pepper restaurant in the local Al Bandar Rotana & Arjaan by Rotana Hotel for Friday brunch. Not been here before so have no idea what to expect. This is another buy one get one free from The Entertainer.

We had a lazy morning in the hotel, then walked about a mile to the hotel. We had left plenty of time as we were not 100% sure where it was, but found it really easily.

We like to get into these brunches early to get pictures before the food is touched, but we were an hour early, so had a coffee in their coffee shop to occupy ourselves.

The food on offer at this brunch was split down by countries. So you had sweet and savouries from each countries all grouped together. A very unique way of displaying the food, as normally all sweet items are together.

We tried to sample from many different areas, and all food we had was really excellent.

We do not normally take a lot of notice of the food left at these brunches, but the couple at the table next to us caught our attention. They were constantly bringing back plates heaped with different foods, and most of it was being taken away uneaten by the servers. The amount of food that they wasted was more than the two of us actually ate. This disgusts us.

The walk back to our hotel was nice as it gave us a chance to walk off some of the food.

We shall be leaving the hotel and joining the Spectrum of the Seas for it´s voyage to Singapore tomorrow, so this afternoon we had to pack up all our belongings.

We had one entertainer voucher left for an ice cream at Baskin Robbins, so had a wander over to the mall for one last visit. A great way to finish a great day and a great visit to Dubai.

Thanks Dubai. Our third visit. It has been a blast again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb