Day 6 - Abu Dhabi


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
September 16th 2015
Published: October 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After our slight rearrangement last night, we are off to Marina Mall this morning. Not too worried about the actual mall, but they have a sky tower above it that have some great views over Abu Dhabi. Mick suggested we should have a coffee here. When we looked at all the great cakes on offer, we each ordered piece of chocolate fudge cake each – bad mistake.

The café rotates very slowly, so we took regular photos. Once we had finished our drinks and cakes, we walked the rest of the way around to get the complete set of photos.

We had a 2pm booking at the 5* Emirates Palace next door to the mall for a very lavish afternoon tea. We drove to there about 1pm so that we had plenty of time to get some photos of the inside and outside of the building. The building is very beautiful. Inside all the fittings are very elaborate and there is lots of gold around. This also included an ATM to purchase and withdraw real gold.

The afternoon tea was very traditional, but there was far too much for the two of us to each – particularly having already had that earlier cake.

At the end, the server asked if we wanted to take home the left over cakes, which seemed to be a good idea at the time.

After a short rest back at our hotel, Julie, Mick and Chris picked us up shortly after 6pm. The vehicle for tonight was an American style large white luxurious fast car – Dodge Charger 5.7 litre V8. It had amazing power and style.

The traffic was quite bad, so Mick took a different route and we ended up going past the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. One of the things they explained to us what how it changed colour due to the water pools around it. Tonight the Mosque is blue.

From there we went to a souk and then to Yas marina to have a look around.

Dinner tonight was at the Indian Angar restaurant in Yas Viceroy Hotel. Julie had vouchers for this restaurant too. Food was great and, again, we all talked the night away. Dinner was on us tonight.

We were back at our hotel for 10.30 this evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb