Day Three - On Track


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
September 5th 2010
Published: September 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey!

It is Sunday (I think). Today was actually a work day in terms of having to attend an orientation. Lots of cool info about the ed. system here, touched on curriculum and classroom expectations, you know, all the political stuff. Looks as though the biggest challenge for us (at least me anyway) will be easing in to the ways of teachers and administrators from here. Wanting to simply come in and set up your classroom, your way, will take time and patience. SLOWLY incorporating ideas and not 'upsetting the apple cart' too quickly.

Anyhow, no pics today since we were indoors at what they call the 'Soccer Ballroom'here at the Fairmont, Tomorrow is an 'off day 'so we plan to catch some of the rays at the pool and chill (as best we can when it is 48+ here). Will have many pics to share in the coming days so be patient, or as they say here............well, actually I have no idea what they say here..........lol.

Oh yes, and I almost forgot to mention a VERY IMPORTANT luxury regarding the Hotel Apartments I will be living in to yesterdays blog entry. FREE housekeeping!!!!!! Pinch me!!!!!!

Going to drink now......9:07 p.m. here! Have a great day all! xo


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb