Summer in Abu Dhabi


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
September 5th 2010
Published: September 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Summer in Abu Dhabi.....

The hottest months are probably May to September, with June, July, August being the most extreme... when I say extreme I mean it!.. It can be up to 50 degrees and is most often 45 degrees all day every day with very high humidity. So it hits you like a furnace!!

In the hottest months you can barely be outside apart from the dash to your car or into an airconditioned building... a few hundred metres is the most you can walk in the middle of the day! You greet that airconditioning like a long lost friend! Retreating to Jones the Grocer for a long lunch is a good way to spend the day... followed by dinner at Pregos at Rotana, Abu Dhabi Mall .... favourite past times!

Hot like you have never experienced. Humid, sweaty, the lightest of clothes although still covered and dressed modestly for this Muslim country. So as you will see I have a lot of photos of inside Hotels..as that is mostly all you can do in this weather.

These photos are from July (sorry a bit slow) and include my birthday at the new Fairmont Hotel in Abu Dhabi. Also there are photos from the two hotels Paul built on Yas Island, Rotana & Centro Hotels.
Enjoy..more to come


Additional photos below
Photos: 86, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb