Desert Safari


Advertisement
Published: April 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our convoyOur convoyOur convoy

I have a new found respect for just how capable a Landcruiser really is!

Desert Safari

 Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi By Chapo
April 22nd 2007
Scott
FINALLY OUT AND ABOUT!!!

Well life is getting a little easier here with the new manager now in place and half the hotel off my hands. Delegations are slowing down and we only have a Queen and two Princesses in house at the moment!
So I've had some time to start partying a bit and to see some sights. Went out to the desert the other day with some work mates to do some sand dune bashing. An interesting experience sliding sideways down a 60 foot high sand dune at full throttle! Then to a camp for a BBQ, belly dancing and of course some Sheesha smoking.
Out and about with some of the Oz embassy staff a fair bit of late. Showing me the best side of Abu Dhabi.
The weather is hot. No other way to say it. Hot and getting hotter with the chance of damn hot in the near future.
So when are you all coming over for a holiday???

Lotsa love to you all,

Scott


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Camel farmingCamel farming
Camel farming

They raise them for meat and racing.
Our deranged tour guides.Our deranged tour guides.
Our deranged tour guides.

These blokes were a little unstable. Some of the things they can do with a Landcruiser are just sooooo wrong!
Falling sideways at full revs...Falling sideways at full revs...
Falling sideways at full revs...

Glad I was not in this little demonstration
Ohhhh S#*TOhhhh S#*T
Ohhhh S#*T

This one I was involved in later and it is the worst feeling imaginable.
A true local...?A true local...?
A true local...?

Ummmm NO. Don't quite look the part huh...
Nicole F&B managerNicole F&B manager
Nicole F&B manager

Trying to work out which end to smoke!
Belly dancingBelly dancing
Belly dancing

A lot harder than it looks!


25th April 2007

Interesting
By the time ur done Scott you should have a good compilation f pics. Interesting!

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb