A wonderful place called 'CAPPADOCIA'


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey
January 8th 2013
Published: January 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post


Kapadokya'dan Selamlar


“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru.One chilly morning in September 2012, the Finance team arrived at Kayseri Airport. We were all excited to see the beautiful region of Cappadocia. On our way to our hotel, our eyes were glued on the picturesque scenery of the valleys, rock formations and cave houses. When we arrived at Lalesaray Hotel, we were more fascinated to see the surreal landscape of the region. We are so lucky because our hotel is perfectly located at the upper portion of valley. Though we were tired from our flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia we were so excited to our 1st day tour. We went to Goreme Valley wherein you could see various fairy chimney & unique rock formations. We also visited the Goreme Open Air Museum, a UNESCO world heritage site, a compound of medieval painted cave churches carved out by Orthodox monks. Mehmet, our comic tour guide told us about the history of the region and shared some of his comic antics that made us laugh throughout our tour. We never get tired of hiking through the valleys because we were all excited to explore the place. It was a new & unique experience for us and we felt like we were not on earth anymore. The place was like another wonderful planet.After a sumptuous lunch, we visited the Chez Galip Pottery, one of the town's oldest pottery shops, handicrafts are meticulously crafted and decorated by local artisans. In the afternoon, after a long journey around Cappadocia, we got to sit and relax while watching the sunset at Rose Valley. We were also delighted to experience local cuisine for our dinner.On our 2nd day, we woke up very early for our Hot Air Balloon tour. We were all excited First Timers. There's no better way to see the breathtaking beauty of the valleys than Hot Air Balloon. We didn't mind the feeling of having 'butterflies in our stomach' because the view is undeniably fantastic. We kept on saying 'WOW' and clicking our camera, hoping to get the best shots. After our magical ride, certificates and champagne were given to us.Our tour guide was excited to show us the LOVE Valley. We were all curious why it is called Love Valley, we cannot see the heart shape (which symbolizes LOVE) but once you get there, your creative imagination works. It is definitely worth a peek!After a tiring day, the best way to relax is to experience the Hamam, Turkish bath. We enjoyed the full spa experience which included a face mask, dry sauna, hamam with kese (peeler) and bubble massage, steam sauna, cool jacuzzi and body massage.As a finale to our Cappadocia tour, we experienced the Turkish night in a cave restaurant. We got to see the colorful costumes and the best performances (Swirling Dervishes and Belly Dance) of the locals.To summarize it all there are only two perfect words to describe our trip, AWESOME & AMAZING!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Traveling with friends is a great experience.


Wonderful view from the top.


Amazing Hot Air Balloon!


Discovering a beautiful place.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb