Turkey Travel Blog...the prologue


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey
June 4th 2012
Published: June 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

No road is long with good company... ~ Turkish Proverb




Merhaba selam people!

We are very very excited that tomorrow we are off travelling again. First a fleeting stop in Singapore, then we head to London to spend a few days with Ren’s sister and her family, after which we travel to the land of Turkish delight for a few weeks. Turkey has finally made it to the top of the travel list! In Turkey we’ll be travelling around the western and central regions, and only going as far east as Cappadocia (keeping well away from the Syrian and Iranian borders).

If you received notification of this blog post via email, it’s because you are already on our subscribed list from our previous trips or have expressed an interest in our travels. However we completely understand that inboxes can get overloaded, so please feel free to unsubscribe if you wish. Conversely if you are not on our list and are interested in this trip, click here to subscribe and receive an email alert whenever we add a new entry (or click Follow if you are travel blog member). As with our previous blogs, we will upload some photos here but ‘people’ pictures will be on our facebook pages. If you are reading this via facebook, we’ve had some trouble publishing to facebook, so unfortunately not all posts may make it there...

We are very much looking forward to leaving winter behind and flying into a fabulous European summer. Even though it’s only been just over a year since we last travelled, the last 15 months have been so hectic with our work and other activities that it feels like it’s been many years since we boarded a long haul flight. And they don’t come much longer haul than flying from Hobart to London – we are hoping to read, eat, drink and sleep our way through it.

So here we are, two excited souls with two packed (and re-packed) packs, and a thousand and two curiosities. Our passports, cameras, music and headphones at the ready!

See you in the blogosphere people.
Ren and Andrew

Films that set the scene for this trip...
Head On (Duvara Karsi), directed by Fatih Akin (2004);
Uc Maymun (Three Monkeys), directed by Nuri Bilge Ceylan (2008);
Mommo: Kiz Kardesim (Mommo the Bogeyman), directed by Atalay Tasdiken (2009).

Travel reading on this trip...
Lonely Planet Guide Turkey;
Istanbul: Memories and the City by Orhan Pamuk (Andrew);
Birds Without Wings by Louis De Bernieres (Ren).

Advertisement



3rd June 2012

Great that you are on the road again!
We will follow along!
3rd June 2012

so glad to be on the road again!
thanks Merry Jo and Dave! very excited now. :)
3rd June 2012

Turkish delight
Hi Travellers, great to see you are back on the road again. I wish you safe travel, wonderful food experiences and look forward to many exciting blogs and great pictures. Would expect nothing less from you two, cheers from Dotti.
4th June 2012

We love Turkish delight!
thanks Dotti! we are very much looking forward to the food :)

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb