Travelling Turkey Independently - 7 Highlights!


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey
June 21st 2011
Published: June 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

My Turkish Adventure


Göreme National Park CappadociaGöreme National Park CappadociaGöreme National Park Cappadocia

Me on top of the world after a tricky climb up the awe-inspiring formations in the Göreme National Park Cappadocia - Turkey.
TRAVELLING TURKEY INDEPENDENTLY By Zoey Pike
Turkey is one of the most magical countries I have had the liberty of exploring. A vast country steeped in rich culture and history. I was fortunate enough to have spent a little over a month exploring the many hidden pockets Turkey has to offer along side some of the popular favourites as well!

Turkey has something there for any traveller; from the flurry of spice markets and Bazaars, dramatic landscape and crumbling ruins of kingdoms near forgotten... to the exceptional food, interesting Locals all tied in with an explosion of colour and smells!! My travels tend to be of the paths less travelled – a day spent exploring ruins and ancient cities or exploring towns off the tourist map excite me.

Top 7 Turkey Experiences:
1. Exploring the Aya Sophia , Blue Mosque, The Bazaar and the Spice market in Istanbul!

2. Standing on the beach in Gallipoli where it all happened. And seeing the masses of unmarked graves and the Lone Pine.

3. Cavorting across the incredible Cappadocian Landscape on a Quad bike. Exhilarating!

4. Discovering the hidden Düden waterfalls of Antalya – such an unexpected discovery to make in the ancient costal city.

5. Immersing my self in the Ancient ruined cities of Ephesus, Troy and Ani to name a few!

6. Experiencing the tourist free Turkish soldier town of Kars – this was turkey raw and real, complete with random snow downfall!

7. Exploring the Hierapolis Necropolises in southern Turkey and getting chased by a gigantic snake!!

Over the next few weeks I will be posting blogs on each of my favourite 7 Turkish Travelling Memories and the adventures I encountered while armed with a one way ticket into Turkey! Stayed tuned for more on ideas on Travelling Turkey Independently!

zoey.pike@flightcentre.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb