The minibus of death


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean » Kas
March 19th 2006
Published: March 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We all reluctantly decided to leave Olympos to move two hours down the coast to a small town called Kas. We got on a minibus which turned out to be something which could rival Joburg taxis. The driver overtook on blind corners, drove in the oncomming traffic lane and went round corners so fast everyone had to hold on to the seats! After about three hours of insane driving and a thousand stops we finally got to Kas. The village is really pretty and sits on steep cliffs above a harbour. The owner of the hostel met us at the bus station. It turned out he had lived in Joburg for a few months and had travelled all over South Africa. No-one else was in the hostel and he gave us free use of the bar and kitchen. So we made a BBQ Australian style - potatoes in foil, chicken in garlic and paprika and some grilled tomatoes. Mel did whole onions in the coals - which were really good! It was fantastic to have a "home cooked" meal which wasn't a kebab! Tonight we are having another BBQ and tomorrow we will move on to Fethiye...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0737s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb