23rd June Alanya to Antalya Troodos mountains


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean » Antalya
June 24th 2015
Published: June 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our ex President chappie came good & gave us a few tips for journey through Turkey & Greece as it happens, so that was good. Mind you we ignored his suggestion for today having read a couple of reviews & stuck with plan A - & so glad that we did. The journey here was fine, passing all the gross hotels & some pretty ones between Alanya & Antalya. We stopped & bought some muz (bananas) which are kiddy size but jolly nice all the same.



Yesil Vadi or Green Valley camp site is set in the mountains to the NW of Antalya. It's basically a gravel car park (unlike the last few days which was an earth car park!) but it has a new shower – oooh! - & a restaurant that serves pan fried trout. The young man brought us chay (tea) when we arrived & was very helpful. He also cut a rose for Cathy – her second this trip!



Our meal was a disappointment – the trout wouldn't have looked out of place in a small fish tank & was overcooked. They made up for it in the amount of salad, fresh chips & the whole loaf of local bread. The elder chap, probably the owner, came over & gave us half a dozen post cards & two guides (one in French & one in English!) to a local historic site nearby which we plan to visit tomorrow. He also said go to my brother's to park & I shall ring him & the boy on the mountain to give you free chay or cave (coffee). This would be lovely except we haven't got a clue who they are! His English was very good so I guess he overheard us talking about the two minnows...& he also gave Cathy three more roses! It was so funny as the roses here have no scent – he obviously went inside & doused them in some perfume or most likely air freshener...these Turks know how to treat a girl!





A French couple drew up with a pretty little girl called Suzanne – Dad is a physiotherapist. Had a chat & noticed his rear tyre was deflating – he had a problem since replacing it a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully, we have an air compressor, so that's a job for the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb