Amasya rest day 2


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Black Sea » Amasya
September 27th 2016
Published: September 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

AMASYA REST DAY 2. 27 September, 2016.

Today I needed to change the rear tube on the bike, clean away the mud from a few days ago, and take care of the drive chain. Afterwards walked up the mountain to a cafe near the Sultans' tombs. The views over the town were spectacular, and reinforced my thoughts that it is a town reminiscent of Florence, same earthy colours, mountainous back drop, river flowing through its centre, Mosques instead of Churches and a great atmosphere, at a fraction of the cost of the Italian city.

Wandered back after consuming fried ice cream and two Turkish coffees. One of the benefits of cycling is the weight loss, which enables me to then eat what appeals!

Checked on the tyre, semi soft, despite checking the tyre for sharp spikes. Pumped it up again and will recheck again later. I am no mechanic, so you can imagine my frustration and apprehension!!!

The next few days riding has been whiteboarded, tomorrow reasonable, then some mountainous climbing. Hopefully the weather forecast will be kind as all my camping, shoes and clothing are now either dried or washed and dried.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb