Scooters


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Selçuk
March 7th 2006
Published: March 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Caught the overnight bus to Selcuk which was meant to arrive at 7am but instead arrived at 4am! Managed to find a hostel with someone awake, which was lucky. In the afternoon I looked around a huge ruined basillica on the hill above Selcuk. An Aussie guy Ryan, found this random guy who took us on a tour of the castle - which was not open because it was being restored. Was a bit dodgy and he tried to sell us fake ancient coins - which are actually modern coins they have feed to cows and sheep to make look old. I didn't manage to see Ephesus, but will try to go back via Selcuk and see it then. The next day four of us rented two scooters and we went to the second largest beach in Turkey. Driving on the other side of the road on a scooter was great fun! We found a great restaurant on the coast and were the only people there - stuffed ourselves on fantastic mezes! On of the girls had a go at driving the scooter and almost crashed into the curb and stopped in front of on-comming traffic, oops. That night I caught the night bus to Pamakkale...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb