Leaving Selchuk


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Selçuk
September 22nd 2009
Published: September 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last day in the Selchuk area. We enjoyed a relaxing morning, had one last lunch and one last stroll around town before heading on our way. We really felt at home here. Selchuk has a population of little more than 27,000 so it was very manageable and like all of our experiences, people were very friendly and kind.

Big confession is coming. Perhaps we should have forgone our stroll. Anyway, we stumbled upon a wonderful little leather shop. Handmade leather jewelry, handbags, journals and enjoyed talking with the beautiful shopkeeper and her very affable friend. After we finished looking and enjoying our Turkish Apple Tea and fresh figs, the friend invited us to come to his store. Not wanting to be rude (and he had visited and loved Santa Fe (playing pool at the Cowgirl Restaurant)) we followed him across the street to his wonderful shop. Uh oh, he sold carpets. The photo tells the rest. Yup, we succumbed. Please note the happy faces of our new best friend and Richard. I had shared some photos of my handiwork while in the leather shop and when he saw the hooked sheep rug he wanted one, a black one as that is the name of his store. And yes, I said, “Sure, my pleasure“. Again note the big smile on his face. So we are no longer carpetless. We just will have to have a serious talk with Baya, our elderly and mostly incontinent dog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Aydin and RichardAydin and Richard
Aydin and Richard

Our new carpet


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb