Stuck in Turkey for a day (hopefully only one day)


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Cesme
March 25th 2009
Published: March 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This one is going to be short - I lost the long one just typed!

So last day in Turkey - the ferry to Greece tonight was cancelled due to strong winds. Found a random hotel, not bad room or price, and I think I'm the only guest here, so no problem hoarding the one computer.

March (at least this year) apparently isn't quite the perfect time for Turkey. Istanbul rained 4 out of 5 days. Cappadocia was freezing. Ephesus was warmer, but quite unpredictable with sun and rain and wind. In any case, Turkey was a bit harder to travel, partly due to weather, partly due to some little logistic mishaps which I've detailed before but somehow autosaving didn't work.

So retry heading to Chios tomorrow (hopefully). Will load pics when I can find a computer with USB port...


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

PamukkalePamukkale
Pamukkale

means "cotton", calcium deposit springs.
Walking on CalciumWalking on Calcium
Walking on Calcium

Have to take shoes off to minimize damage. Looks like snow, but definitely not so soft.
What Remains of the Temple of ArtemisWhat Remains of the Temple of Artemis
What Remains of the Temple of Artemis

Used to be one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, now only this left.
Making PotteryMaking Pottery
Making Pottery

which they sell at tremendous prices (and the Japanese tourists buy).


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb