Bodrum at Last


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Bodrum
March 25th 2009
Published: March 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bodrum FerryBodrum FerryBodrum Ferry

Time for loading on our final ferry
Monday 2nd March
Waiting at Kos was made a little more interesting by various people coming to tell us about their marvelous appartments and leaving us their business cards. various ferries came and went to Piraeus and to the other small islands, we walked , read and dozed untill finally we were allowed to embark, not many people and only room for one car, luckily there was only one car, ours! After the luxurious accomodation I had previously enjoyed, this was not in the same league, but it was almost the same price.
On board I met Gerti. a dutch lady, who was renewing her visa and was thrilled to have found a shop open where she had bought 7 or 8 English Homes and Garden type magazines, her Turkish husband was a ' nostalgic' singer ! and they lived in Turgutreis.
The crossing was smooth and it was lovely to see Bodrum come into view. The customs were'nt as bad as we thought, filling in the details on the computer seemed to confuse him, and Ithink he has us coming from Bosnia Hercogovenia, so,after a long half an hour we got our duty free goods, mostly alcohol!
RolandRolandRoland

Roland on his final sea voyage
We had given him photocopies of every document we had, that was a good tip from someone, to photocopy everything. So we were waved through and on our way home to Yalikavak.
Our little car was just great up and down the mountain roads, and the sun shone and the sea was blue as we came over the final hill down into the village, every where was very green as they seem to havew had constant rain since we were here last and the road sides were full of yellow and white flowers and very lush grass.
The house looks good, no water leaks,and the garden is lovely, we unpacked and the went to our neighbours house they had seen us arrive and asked us to dinner, Perfect.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Bodrum Bodrum
Bodrum

View of Bodrum peninsula
YalikavakYalikavak
Yalikavak

Kathi at 30 Sandima Villalari
DeckDeck
Deck

Garden furniture ready for relaxing in the sun
BeachBeach
Beach

A walk along the beach with friends


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb