A Valentine's Day You'll Never Forget


Advertisement
Qatar's flag
Middle East » Qatar
February 20th 2006
Published: February 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

A belated Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone. I apologize for my tardiness, but I was anxiously waiting for some photos from one of my co-workers so you could share Valentine’s Day with me…Qatari style.

Anyone know a good retail merchandiser? I’m pretty sure that this Qatari retailer could use someone with a keener eye than the one in charge of this display. Seriously! I was actually surprised to see any Valentine’s Day acknowledgements in Doha, but commercialism is commercialism, so when opportunity knocks… why not pair a teddy bear with that beebee gun that every little boy needs before moving on to the more popular machine gun?

I wish I had more to write, but I don’t really have a very interesting weekend report, as I had to stay indoors for most of it. Although we weren’t suffering -40 degree weather like you Edmontonians, we did have a sand storm. When I was telling this to my dad, I had to laugh because he said, “Oh, the sand came in from the desert?” Let me be clear—this city is the desert. All you see is concrete and sand. Every day I have to wipe off a layer of dust (a.k.a. sand) off my coffee table, and I keep my balcony doors shut. There isn’t enough grass in the whole city to cover Churchill Square! I miss grass. Aside from my friends and family, I miss grass and trees the most, followed closely behind by Reese’s Pieces 😊 I don’t miss the winter weather though, that’s for sure. Well, we’ll see if I still say that when it hits 50 degrees plus humidity here in the summer.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb