Qatar


Advertisement
Qatar's flag
Middle East » Qatar » Mesaieed
May 30th 2011
Published: July 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Visited all the corners of Qatar with our German friend G... Zubara fort is to the north, Dukhan beach is the west, the singing sand dunes are in the east and Sealine beach is in the south. In between it's desert and that's where the Sheikh Faisal museum is located.

The singing sand dunes are near the large American military base. We got there in the heat of the day, and the sand dunes were super hot. We found it hard to try and run up the dunes, as the hot sand got inside our footwear (We were not wearing boots). G.. even lost his sandals a little bit up, and was hopping up and down in his bare feet at the bottom while N.. and W.. went back up the dune to recover them.

The singing sand dunes were pretty, but a disappointment. We didn't hear much singing from them. Just an occasional low moaning kind of sound. Then we walked towards another dune and heard a low flying aircraft. No surprise, considering we were close to the American base. Well, we went home after that. Later, we read that often times the singing sand dunes sound like a low flying aircraft! So, not a disappointment after all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb