Off Oman, en route to the Gulf of Aden


Advertisement
Oman's flag
Middle East » Oman
April 14th 2012
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Saturday 14th April 2012:



It’s clearly going to take more than just one day for our feet to recover from the last 3 days of flat-out sight-seeing. We couldn’t face formal dinner last night so grabbed a plate of food in the canteen and then watched the film <em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Hugo. I can see why it got a lot of publicity – after all it does have Jude Law and Jonny Depp in it - but it’s not Oscar winning material. But it is charming so was a very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours.



Today we’ve done very little other than work on our scrap book. When we take over 300 photos in one day, you’ll be relieved we whittle that down to around 20 to actually print off. I think even we would get bored with that many of our own holiday photos, never mind anyone else!



Tonight is another formal dinner and we really are formalled out so we’re going back for another relaxed evening at the cinema, this time to watch the latest Mission Impossible film: Ghost Protocol.



You can tell we’re getting closer to home now. We are just 3 hours ahead of the UK and the temperature has dropped today. At 86º it’s hardly cold enough to miss a swim but noticeably cooler than it has been the last few days. We are now on a 4-day run through some of the more risky waters in the world. We enter the Gulf of Aden tomorrow, then step on the gas and travel under the protection of the international peace keeping force and then up the Red Sea to the safety of Egypt – still just over 2,000 miles away. The Gulf of Aden has Somalia running along the entire southern edge so we can safely say there are no ports of call planned!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.574s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.2495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb