Journey and first day in Muscat


Advertisement
Oman's flag
Middle East » Oman » Muscat
December 14th 2009
Published: December 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi!

I finally arrived in Muscat after a quite adventurous journey. I took the A380(!!) from Auckland to Sydney and it was supposed to fly to Dubai after this stop. But unfortunately there was some kind of gas lack at the terminal we were supposed to departure. So they evacuated 900 people and 12 people were even treated medically at the airport. After a few hours of waiting they finally canceled the flight and we were transfered to different hotels in Sydney, where we finally arrived at 3 am. The next morning we were transfered back to the airport at 8 am, where we finally restarted the journey after some delay...
So I arrived in Dubai at 9 pm and then two friends (Fahad and Badr) picked me up at the airport and we traveled to Muscat (roughly 4-5 hours drive). The drive itself was quite a journey to do strong rains, which caused severe floods on the way. Along the road were trucks laying on the side, which were washed away by the water. Yesterday and today were fine until afternoon. In the evening the rain came back. The police sent out sms to tell the people not to leave the house if they don't have to. So we'll see about the wether today. So far it's nice. I just came back from a Muscat Trip with Mohammed (Momo) and Badr will pick me up soon. So I should get ready. Anyway, tomorrow I'm going out for diving!! Which will be great! I hope. The floods caused quite some disturbance in the water so let's see about the visibility. Anyway, enjoy the fotos...see ya all soon!

ترحيبات from Oman,
Stefan


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 57; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb