Oman...


Advertisement
Oman's flag
Middle East » Oman » Muscat
April 19th 2008
Published: April 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Had a fantastic couple of days in Dubai, visited many places, the skidubai centre rocked - kind of trippy that it's in the middle of a shopping mall!!! checked out the rest of the City - everything is on the largest scale you can imagine, an amazing place, I could and now have the option to live there, being able to Dive or Ski any day of the year is quite appealing!!!

did a dunes safari which took me close the the Dubai Oman Boarder, had a fantastic time around the Dunes, quite entertaining - had to tow the other truck out a few times - I don't think the other driver had done any 4 wheel driving in Sand ever before!!! (he stuff the power steering - so had to head to the Garage halfway thru to fill up with ATF.

BBQ dinner and Belly dancer to finish the evening so nice to get a little closer to the culture - such lovely people.

Today I got up and headed to the Oman Marine Institute and meet with our contacts there - nice complex and very keen bunch of Marine Scientists, two of which will join us on the second leg of the survey, helped them with some IT issues which went down a treat, so things are all good.

Almustaqila1 is in port and hope to catch up with Scruff and the 1st Mate tonight for Dinner (they are currently anchored outside the harbour so may not be able to get in this evening.

All due to depart on Monday and being the survey later that day - all going to plan.

Oman is a lovely place, very nice people and amazing shopping malls of all things, better shopping over here than back home!!! (not that I need to buy anything.)

All the NIWA team have arrived , we are all excited about the adventure ahead.

This is just so much fun!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb