Muscat, Oman 07


Advertisement
Oman's flag
Middle East » Oman » Muscat
August 27th 2007
Published: September 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well. relaxation at last, and no more running around...We were bumped off the flight on the way back and went straight back to the hotel for another night - the Gulf on the doorstep and mountains directly behind - brilliant setting and we did really unwind - warm sea, hot sun, lots of food, alcohol, clean clothes....absolute heaven after a month of Indian trains and dust!
We didnt have time to do very much - er, except laze around - but we did manage to get a boat trip around some of the coast, which was great - wonderful to be on the water after all that dry land! And we had a spectacular sunset...


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Oman 07 Oman 07
Oman 07

Badly needed after hot, dusty India...
6am raking the sand at the hotel...6am raking the sand at the hotel...
6am raking the sand at the hotel...

Long time since I saw this!
View a few feet from our door...View a few feet from our door...
View a few feet from our door...

I think I was mesmerised after all that India dust!
Protecting the PalaceProtecting the Palace
Protecting the Palace

The Sultan on Oman's palace is on the right - it goes on forever...
Giant incense burner?Giant incense burner?
Giant incense burner?

We saw loads of very strange household objects stuck in the weirdest places - one roundabout was adorned with huge brass coffee pots! So I suppose we weren't too surprised when out boatman told us this was an incense burner overlooking the coast - it was huge- 20ft high? Is it supposed to scare off the pirates???


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb