NYE (a near miss thwarted by a pair of turtlenecks)


Advertisement
Lebanon's flag
Middle East » Lebanon » Beirut
December 31st 2006
Published: February 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

NYE in Beruit. This had been our goal and we had finally made it.

So of course a couple of ciders were due. We had a few celebratory drinks on the terrace of our new digs. The terrace being much more preferable than the room. Kahlid the Jordanian hotel manager joined us for a few and listened to our tunes. Good guy but a touch high strung.

Off we ventured into the night. Roadies in hand, hey were Australian.

We cruised over to the main bar and club strip in Beruit. We were told previously that it was too far to walk and we should get a cab. Maybe those people that told us this were getting commission for that cab companies. We drunk walked it in about 25 minutes.

Arriving at the strip we soon discovered a couple of finer points
(1) we had no turtle necks or man scarfs a definate disadvantage.
(2) we did have beards. a definate disadvantage.
(3) all bars and clubs were charging about $35US for entry and all you could drink.

our tanks were already pretty full so we decided to slum it on the streets. we randomly (as these things happen on such nights) ran into two very cool Lebanese cats. They, like us were of a slovenly leaning, and like us were content to act like stray cats and fill the city with witty remarks and concern ourselves of the bigger things.

So we hung out with our new brothers in arms. Remembered it was new years eve when the fireworks exploded around us and generally conqured the night.

After a while we departed our brothers and found a couple of Danish birds that were keen for a dance. I carved it up with one while Spider regaled the other with tales of daring and adventure.

The upshot being neither of us had any luck as a pair of turtle necks came upon us and bested us.

Oh well at least we yelled at some soldiers on the way back to the hotel.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1016.7kb