Ahmadi Week


This journal has been deleted.
COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

6th April 2007

Relax, keep cool and enjoy your Kuwait life to the fullest
I had time to read your blogs that you have mentioned to me earlier. Thank you for your nice description of myself. Although it wasn't that close, know that it is appreciated. I for one share your somewhat "discomforts" living here in Kuwait. I would avoid referring these as misery. For i do believed that words are powerful that the sword. It will continously cut as long as you using them. In this respect, everywhere in the world had proven to be a haven of discomforts among the people irrespective of if they are locals or foreigns. Heaven, Peace and Comforts are a product of our minds. Think miserable and you will be miserable. Be content, be thankful and be patient, ahhhh that will make your day alright. As a friend, i don't like to hear you miserable nor see you miserable. I cannot ignore the fact that your situations might trigger these feelings. But don't let the situation govern your moods, your day and your nice perception of life and living. Rather, govern your thoughts and change your miseries to discomforts then reap the product of happiness and contentment. Believe that someting good will always happen, rather than payingmuch attention to the imperfection of each and every place and person that you encounter. Innate to a person is goodness. Let that prevail and have a good life. I tried my best to apprehend these thoughts that you have about living a life in Kuwait. In every sence of the word, i too suffered and pay the price of living alone in a foreign place like this one. For this matter, i wish it won't happened to anyone i know. In the end, i found out how to blade these discomforts and rather live a life more bearable and acceptable in all standards each society have. Focus, have a smart goal, keep the faith, maintain your direction and achieve! Kuwait is more kinder than any other place. Kuwait is more open inspite of its conservatively crafted culture. It always play the role of a good Host at its expense. It always takes the risk of being raped and stripped off its culture, practices and indentity by incoming expats' influences. I wish Kuwait would be more smart to weather all these storms and challenges that were constantly presented to it. I do not invoke patriotism about Kuwait. I just appreciates it with all its imperfections. For that, i find peace and contenment knowing that a better time, place and person will be always a step away to happen and meet. There is Hope! You have been here for quite sometime, allow me and others who have been here for a long time to present to you Kuwait, its imperfections, its beauty, its rarity, its pride, its identity and its wonder. In the meantime, relax, keep your cool amidst the hot weather, enjoy each day with gratitude, be happy and live life in Kuwait to the fullest. Cheers!
7th April 2007

Nice drawing of Mr. V. Can you portrait me when we meet next time, Tomi? PS: Fingers crossed!
9th April 2007

Stay cool
Tomi, it's good to know you've made friends with some true and genuine people over there... As Mr V says, hang on in there and hope for the best. Savour every moment of a bachelor's life, although it's pretty miserable and I should know that better than most people :( You're very right about the 'British' way of thinking, don't think and do as you're told. You're spot on about how people don't think and never do as told! That is very, very funny and also quite true. This kind of mentality is prevalent among former British colony societies, Malaysia included. But the Brits over here in Britain are not like that at all! So one can't blame the Brits, really. And the three-pin sockets and hot/cold taps, well we can forget about those for now ;) Ha det bra och hyvää jatkoa.

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb