Konia (May)


Advertisement
Cyprus' flag
Middle East » Cyprus » Paphos
May 23rd 2009
Published: May 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ladies MileLadies MileLadies Mile

Pat and Betty paddling
We spent more time travelling around visiting places, with Pat’s mother.

Friday, 15th May, we strolled around Kato Paphos, had drinks at the Seagull restaurant overlooking the Lido.

Saturday, 16th May, we had a long drive out and visited Kolossi castle, and the on to Akrotiri, to look at the RAF Station. A short drive around to Ladies Mile, where Pat and her mum had a paddle in the water. Lots of time spent down memory lane again.

Sunday, 17th May, 2009, Pat and her mum went to Church in the morning and then we took a drive up to Latchi, and had some lunch overlooking the harbour. Stopped at the little harbour at Agios Georgios on the way back.

Monday, 18th May, 2009, a quiet day and we decided we wanted to see a proper sunset, as the buildings here get in the way. So we popped to McDonalds for our tea, and the back to Agios Georgios to watch the sun going down.

Tuesday, 19th May, 2009, we talk a long walk on from the harbour around the seaward side of the archaeological site. A great walk and with the wheelchair it was really good going. The path is probably about 4 metres wide and goes on for quite a distance all along the coast. With a slight breeze coming in off the sea, it all made for a very pleasant walk.

Wednesday, saw us taking Betty to Paphos airport. The wheelchair assistance starts just inside the terminal and by the time I had dropped Pat and her mum off and parked the car, made my way back to the terminal, Betty was in a wheelchair and on her way to check in. With the wheelchair you are taken around the side of the queue and Betty was checked in very quickly. We said our goodbyes and she was wheeled through security and then to departure.

All very smartly done.

Thursday we took things easy and decided to have lunch at a restaurant we had spotted called “The deck”, next to the Alexander the Great Hotel, and overlooking the coast, we had a leisurely lunch watching the world go by.

Friday, 22nd May, 2009, an interesting milestone, as it is one year since giving up work and running away from a very normal existence. What a year. What a wonderful
PaphosPaphosPaphos

The fort at the harbour
year!

Took a walk into the village and visited the Post Office, some mail here for us. Found the new recycling bins, so we will now start separating our rubbish.

Saturday, 23rd May, 2009, we decided to revisit the coastal path around Paphos, that we had recently walked, as we had promised to take some photo’s for Pat’s mum. A really long enjoyable walk, with some lunch included.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Paphos 23 May 2009Paphos 23 May 2009
Paphos 23 May 2009

The sea from the coastal path, how many shades of blue can you see?


Tot: 0.358s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb