Planes, Trains and Automobiles


Advertisement
Bahrain's flag
Middle East » Bahrain
April 23rd 2008
Published: April 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello all
We are just sitting here in the airport of Bahrain. We arrived last night because we could not get direct to Cairo and our flight is not delayed, oh the joys of travelling.

I thought that I would take the time to write a quick little note. The blog for Nepal is written, but on my computer and very long...we had a great time.

One thing that I was going to mention and haven't so far was the transportation aspects. In the game, there is a secondary contest for the team that can use the most forms of transportation. Mom and I have decided to pursue that route. So far we have travelled on a camel, donkey, elephant, car, bus, taxi, airplane, rickshaw, trishaw, wheel barrel, cable car, street car, canoe, and jeep...to name a few.

Driving in Nepal was actually quite interesting. Once you get over the fear of driving, it can be a quite enjoyable. Yesterday we were driving in our taxi and we asked the man how long he had been driving a taxi. He told us that he had been doing it for five years and never had been in an accident. We thought that we pretty good odds. Basically, driving is a big game of chicken. We decided rather than being scared, we would cheer our driver on when he won. It was quite funny, we would get the cars to pull of and cheer really loud and boo when he lost. We think that he was getting entertained by us too because then he was getting more adventurous in his attempts to pass different cars. Walking was similar to driving, but instead of chicken, it was more like a game of frogger. Luckily we haven't had any accidents, but then again, we are heading to Cairo.

If anyone is interested, the organizers have a website for the game with another blog and links to blogs of our fellow travellers. The site is:

http://globalscavengerhunt.com/blog/

That is all for now and hopefully we will have a good internet connection in Cairo where I can upload pictures.

xoxox
Leslie and Sandy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb