Rimini


Advertisement
Vatican City's flag
Europe » Vatican City
June 24th 2006
Published: June 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We spent two days in Rome, really a day and a half. Got there on the 21st in the afternoon. Our hostel was a horrible subway/busride to the outskirts of the city so I haven't written since then. Too much to see and didn't want to waste the time trying to find an internet cafe.
We stayed at a camping village where we had a tiny little trailer to ourselves. The place was row after row of self contained trailers, but it did have a pool.
The first night we went into the city at 9 pm to look around and promptly got ourselves lost in Rome!!...I still don't know what the name of the monumental building we got dropped off at is called but we got a picture of it!!
Rome has the worst mass transit system of any big city that you can imagine. Only two subway lines, the buses take forever and the whole system shuts down at 11:30 at night. One of the subway lines shuts down at 9:30...naturally the one we needed. After wandering up and down the hills of Rome at night somehow we ran into the Fountain of Trevi at midnight. Now that was cool. Took a taxi home.
The next day we got up bright and early to see the sistine chapel first thing thinking we would beat the crowds; same thought that everyone else had...the line went halfway around Vatican City and was about 2-3 hours wait. Instead we went to see St Peter's Basilica first and ran into a guy from Rhode Island who was offering a free guided tour of St. Peter's. It was a promotion for the company he worked for to try to get people to use their services. His name was Steve and it really was free, but the best thing is he told us how to get into the Vatican museums without the line!! Cool...we were in the door within 5 minutes.
We also saw the Pantheon the first night. There was a choral group singing there, and the Collosium from the outside. Obviously there are lots and lots of ruins...they're everywhere.
So now we're in Rimini...Hey Trish, reminds me of the outbanks only tackier.....all hotels on one side of the road and beach on the other. This is the Adriatic Rivera. Lots and lots of vacationing Italians. We're in this cool hostel about 200m from the beach.
OBSERVATIONS ABOUT ITALY:
1. It's very very hot in the summer
2. They never heard of ice cubes
3. The teenage girls dress like sluts on the prowl
4. If you have boobs you show them, even if you're old you push them up and poke them out!!
5. Italian men look at all women, young old, and in between.
6. Everyone in Italy has a cell phone glued to their ear from 7 yr old on and they speak loudly while talking on them. It seems that the morning important you think you are the louder you talk...especially on trains.
7. The italians aren't rude, even though there's no such thing as a line here, but they aren't kind either.

Gary Raz sounds like she's on a murder spree..try to keep her in..sorry about the goose but I doubt if I can help from here..if Laura calls again tell her the only bird vet is in Mystic.loveya


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



6th July 2006

Svelte
You know what? You look like you're losing weight. Probably have leg muscles now like those roller derby queens. Don't go back to Italy. Some lothario will kidnap you.

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb