Sorry this took so long!


Advertisement
Vatican City's flag
Europe » Vatican City
May 6th 2006
Published: May 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

where to start where to start... well right now i just got back from a day in Rome with Rodney...we got up at 630am and took the train into the city...there is so much graffiti i cant believe it...anyways...our first stop was Vatican City and the line to get in was wayyyy super long so we just walked around the outside and took some pics we then saw a line to get into st.peters but then it was closed for 930 mass...so we just got back on the train and went to the colosseum and waited in a line for about 30 mins to get in...it was soooo crazy to see it....seeing it in pics and then to see it in person. man. im so lucky. we stayed there for a while just looking at stuff...then walked through old ruins and saw some other cool things...then to the Trevi fountain, which is my favorite thing i have seen so far, i think... it was breathtaking. rodney and i then got some lunch, he was starving so we went to the first place we saw, and though my pizza was good, his pasta was very small and costs 14 euro...i just laughed at him, then after he got burger king. we then walked through the shopping...drooled a bit, its a good thing i was with a guy or else i wouldve went in and spent money. money i dont have....we walked up the spanish steps, im not sure what the meaning is for them, but i thought they were the steps from the engagagment commerical when the parents are there..ya know....but they werent...ah well they were pretty just the same....we then caught the train back to the cabins...and now im just waiting for dinner and a shower....there is a club thing on site, and the group im with is CRAZY.....we have a great time where ever we go....ill try and summerize the past week or so....well the last time i wrote i was in london, i cant wait to go back....after i wrote i went to the meeting and met my tour mates and some of us went for a drink....ended up being more than one, but hey i was in europe...there was a huge soccer game on, and we thought we go crazy for the packers...nope. those guys are insane.... then went back to my room, couldnt sleep....got up at 430 to shower and had to be at the bus at six....went on a ferry, the busiest one in the world, from dover to france....then a long drive to paris....got to paris...had welcome champange and snails...yes i ate snails...they were like mushrooms, no big deal! then we took a night tour or paris.....IM IN LOVE....with paris that is....we got there just in time to see the eifel tower twinkeling...it was soooooooooooo pretty...i didnt even know it did that....we then just looked around at the other sites, and went back to cabins...had a few drinks everyone starting to get to know each other....before this, i met a awesome girl named meredith, shes from new jeresey and everyone just assumes we have came together because we get along so well, well with only seven americans on the trip we have to stick together somewhat....the whole trip of 45, is seven americans about 20 canadians and the rest aussie....as some of you know i really dont care for accents....well i retract my statement reguarding aussies....i could listen to that forever now....i cant wait to bring back some of the sayings that they use for things, some are ridiclous....my first full day in paris, was great...saw the mona lisa, which was just crazy. and alot of other super old paintings....then we went to notre dame, then SHOPPING....not before a panini sandwich, and a crep....i wont be able to eat a panini at home anymore...the night a paris, we all got dressed up for a nice dinner in the city and after saw a cabert show....which was beauitful....the bus then went back to our camp, but me and a group of people went to a club....and it was crrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaayyyy....good times! got back to camp at around 5 and had to leave at 7...no big deal, i havent had a hangover yet...knock on wood. then it was off to a chateau on a vineyard....so pretty and great freakin wine... that night just ate dinner and then had a party, with another tour...in the caves of the chateau...the theme was shock yo mamma...so seeing as i bought lace leggings in paris...i wore those with some of my boyshorts..yes mom...i wore my underware over the leggings! it was so funny...i did my makeup crazy and my hair really high...good times...rodney was a girl...so we looked pretty funny all night....oh yeah rodney, haha...story of my life meeting boys who live far away right, well i outdid myself this time, hey. an aussie. go figure.....well the next day, we all got up and did an hour walk up a freakin mountain, yeah i tried not to complain and faint, but i made it...and we had a picnic at the top, it was so pretty...i got some great pics... came back down...and everyone was pretty tired, but we managed to get a drinking game going...and lasted till really late again....then next morning off too the french rivieria, monto carlo...shit..excuse me grandma.....this is the richest country in the world, and we went to this casino...meredith and i didnt actually go in becayse we just wanted to people watch with our 15 euro drinks...rodeny went in a won 40 bucks, and some others on the trip one like 150 euro...but i saw two of the finest men.....i couldnt stop staring, and you know i made that crap obvious... went back to cabin and had some wine, well alot of wine....next day meredith and i took a train to Nice...and shopped all day, ate lunch at a little place and i got to talk to my mom, that was really nice to hear voice...shopped some more...and then went back to camp and i really dont remember...but i think i had some wine....then it was off to florence, italy....i really was starting to get a back cough like everyone on the bus as we are crammed in there for hours at a time and cant open the windows...i sleep the whiole time in the back...but the germs are everywhere...kinda nasty....oh wait, on the way we stopped in pisa and i saw the leaning tower and stuff, pretty cool...florence was nice we had a nice dinner all of us and went to disco...it was crazy because kids can drink at age 16, kinda like the garner house hey....but all these freakin kids were there and the little boys are insane going up to any girl...you know i was snappin....it was a really cool club though...we then went to rome....thats where i am now...yesterday we had a tour of the city and then today we got to go at our lesiure....thats where i am now...this was a quick rundown i know....but everything is going great, there are little dogs everywhere and i love it....i dont want to come home. tomorrow we drive to the edge of italy and then take an overnight cruise to greece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everyone on the tour, says rodney and i are going to have a contiki wedding...haha...it will be nice to relax...its been nonstop since right now. i havent had time barely to write in my journal, as i spend the days on the bus catching up on sleep. i hope everything at home is going well for everyone.....im not sure if im coming home when expected, meredith is staying an extra month and im seriously considering it....well see! i love all of you....and again, still having the time of my life.

till next time.
katiemarie


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0767s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb