Back in Rome


Advertisement
Vatican City's flag
Europe » Vatican City
November 4th 2007
Published: November 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Isle of CapriIsle of CapriIsle of Capri

Bloody scary bus hill climb to get to here, but it is so beautiful
Hello all,

Peter and I have finsihed our bus tour and are now back in Rome. Let me say, thank goodness for wheels on bags because even though the cobblestone streets seem great from a distance, they are a bugger to navigate with bags in tow.

We have had a wonderful tour around Italy, I especially liked the north. Yes, the hills of Tuscany are truely beautiful. We had a great time in Florence, then onto the Lake region - Lugano (in Switzerland ) was absolutley beautiful as was Lake Maggiore. Stayed behind the fortified walls of the old city in Assisi - wow! it was like going back in time only without the smells I am assuming. venice was great, but it rained all day - bummer, not too heavy though. We did manage to take a serenaded gondola ride the night before at sunset - that was nice. Down south, Sorrento and the Island of Capri were absolutley amazing with lots of very scarey scenery as the bus climbed the mountain edges - I closed my eyes many times. Peter laughed!!

The churches have been soooooooooo opulent with gold and lots of marble and heaps of
Jane in VeronaJane in VeronaJane in Verona

Saw the small balcony of Romeo and Juliet fame- okay. The small town was lovely though.
art - back here in Rome I am a little over it. The weather apart from Venice has been great - lots of sunny days. Anyway, I will try to load up the photos for you to see.

We are off to penang on Tuesday and will try to do our last blog from there. Hope you all are well and will see you all soon!

jane and peterXXXX


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Lake MaggioreLake Maggiore
Lake Maggiore

This lakeside town was breathtaking and was lovely to visit.
Peter ouside the ColosseumPeter ouside the Colosseum
Peter ouside the Colosseum

Rome is full of history. We both loved seeing the Forum ruins.
VeniceVenice
Venice

Peter and I on the Gondola
AssisiAssisi
Assisi

Peter and I outside St Francis of Assisi Basilica


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb