Cave and Crag Shropshire Meet


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
July 9th 2009
Published: August 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

7th to 9th July 2009

We had the pleasure of joining Ralph Taylor for three days on his meet at the delightful campsite in the village of Broome just west of Craven Arms.

The weather was blustery and wet when we arrived on the Tuesday morning but things cleared up by lunchtime and in the afternoon we had a pleasant walk to the English Heritage managed Stokesay Castle and back.

One of the traditions of the meet is to take a ride on the pretty railway which runs through Broome to walk in another area. This was the first time we had joined this expedition and Ralph had arranged a route in the hills around Knucklas just over the Welsh border west of Knighton. A large group of us enjoyed a delightful day in excellent weather walking about 8 miles and admiring the superb views in this part of the country.

We needed to be back home on Thursday evening but the day was not wasted as Mike Varley led a few of us along a 16 mile cycle ride through the picturesque Herefordshire Black and White Villages of Pembridge, Weobley, Dilwyn and Eardisland. A fitting end to a memorable visit to this meet when we had the opportunity of catching up with several old friends and visiting areas of the country we had not seen before.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb