A trip to Chester for Suzie’s birthday


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
March 30th 2011
Published: March 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

 Suzie's birthday Suzie's birthday Suzie's birthday

Lisa and Rob made an almost surprise visit
We have been to Chester quite a few times and had thought we might run out of things to do – so not the case. One of the best days was when we drove to Birkenhead and took a river boat tour across the Mersey (still can’t stop singing the song!) and then went on the Liverpool Eye – the views are fantastic and it’s a lot faster than the London Eye. We also had a look round Tate Liverpool, I guess we don’t have the arty gene to really appreciate a pile of furniture on the floor! Lisa and Rob dropped in on Suzie’s birthday, it was supposed to be a surprise but Trev’s appalling lying meant she was expecting them. For her birthday treat Suzie had chosen to do the Go-Ape course in Delamere forest with some friends (we had to do it too but we managed to keep up with the ‘young ones’). It was great fun even though it was incredibly cold. We also managed to do quite a lot of cycling while we were there although we stuck to the roads after one particularly muddy ‘short cut’. We did do one fantastic ride into Chester and then along the canal, it was warm and sunny, just right for a picnic by the water. The sheep continued to think Trevor was the farmer come to feed them, could this be his next career move? And Jackie had trouble getting past William the gate keeping pony without handing over lots of polos.

We made more of the evaporating beer, but I think it’s going the same way as the last lot, perhaps we could invent some long life beer? Daffodils look about to flower so here’s hoping spring is on it’s way.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

It wasn't all sunshineIt wasn't all sunshine
It wasn't all sunshine

but still smiling


Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb