Cardigan Bay


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
November 22nd 2010
Published: November 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

LlangrannogLlangrannogLlangrannog

One of Trev's favourite beaches
After our stay in mid Wales, we decided to head to the west coast to spend a week at Cardigan Bay. As a child, Trevor spent quite a few holidays in this area so for him this was a trip down memory lane. One of his favourite beaches is Llangrannog with it’s mixture of big cliffs, rocks, great sand, and crashing waves. In fact most of the coast in this area is like this – fantastic. We spent a couple of hours at Penbryn with its mile long sandy beach, and just a handful of people, watching the tide go out – so peaceful. Another noteworthy place is the harbour town of New Quay, although there weren’t many boats there at this time of year. They were still doing the boat trips to see the dolphins in the bay but we didn’t see any this time (we have seen them in the past). We had a couple of windy days whilst we were here so one day we headed inland to Cernarth. There is lovely river running through here with waterfalls and an old water mill, and we actually saw a huge salmon try and leap up the waterfall, but couldn’t get it on camera.

You’ve probably realised by now – we have some free, fast wifi. 😱



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

CwmtyduCwmtydu
Cwmtydu

Don't you love these welsh names
Cernarth FallsCernarth Falls
Cernarth Falls

The salmon didn't want their photo taken today
Isn't he cuteIsn't he cute
Isn't he cute

One of the 4 donkeys at the campsite


Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb