Back in Chester


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales
November 21st 2010
Published: November 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

At last we reached Chester and Suzie, last time we were here (February) there was so much snow the awning collapsed, this time the sun was shining when we arrived and everything was so green we didn’t recognise the place. The sun shone for most of our stay and we managed to venture further afield than before, when even a trip to get water left you with frozen fingers. The city of Chester is one of the most beautiful we have been to, fantastic old buildings and a very cultured feel - even though it is crammed with drunken students (hello Suzie). A shopping trip led to Suzie and Jackie fighting over the same dress, luckily they had two, we just won’t be able to wear them when we go out together - people might think we’re twins (not). We went on two great walks, one on Eglwyseg mountain (obviously in Wales) along Offa’s Dyke path - fantastic hill top scenery and one on the Clywedog trail which followed a path between various old mills and mines, there was a lead mine, paper & corn mill and an iron works, all alongside a typical welsh river.

We started two projects
The site in the sunThe site in the sunThe site in the sun

Didn't recognise it without the snow
while at this site, sloe gin and running. The sloe gin is going very well - the running not so much - Trev has been twice (not finding it as easy as 25 years ago) and Jackie has made the decision that she was not designed for running.

Seeing Suzie was great, she is great company and has turned into a very good cook and we are looking forward to sampling more dishes in the future. It was sad to say goodbye but she is very busy with her student life and rugby(?) and we can’t wait to see her again at Christmas.

Yah just received the news from Emma - Andy proposed very romantically while they were on holiday. Wedding bells in 2012, many congratulations, you make a great pair. 😊



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb