Anglesey - Summer 2019


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Anglesey
October 12th 2019
Published: October 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

What a beautiful island. Driving over the Britannia Bridge from mainland Wales is a delight. Holiday time. We had two weeks this summer driving round the coast of Anglesey from site to site, each one a treasure. From Beaumaris to Cemaes it's such a wonderful place. Rugged coastline and coastal villages and proper British pubs a plenty.

We came across this fantastic Anglesey camping guide earlier this year which was a great help in our planning. We stopped at 5 different sites over the two weeks and made it our mission to walk as much of the coastal path as we could. Here are our highlights:

1. Cemaes Bay

This place tops the list. A lovely village with a picturesque harbour and three good pubs in the centre. The stag is a great find and the most northerly pub in wales. We took a day to walk the coastal path up past the brickworks and on to Amlwch had a pint or two then got the bus back to Cemaes. We stayed at the llanbadrig campsite which is very basic but had excellent views and a lot of wind (and that's not from the morning fry up beans).

2. Newborough Forest

Superb walking through the forest and across to the little island. Its like that film, the beach when leo whatsit walks our of the forest onto that beach in thailand. WE much prefer Newborough though!

3. Beaumaris

The site we stopped at was a little way out of Beaumaris but it's a decent walk along roads into the town and there's plenty to do there.

4. Holy Island

Actually a separate island to the rest of Anglesey but connected by road - the capial of anglesey, Holyhead is located on holy island but we camped nearer the lighthouse. Sooooooo many steps to the lighthouse.

5. Church Bay

The campsite at Church bay is fantastic and they managed to fit us in at short notice (think they had a cancellation). So calm in the evening once the day visitors have left.

I'll try and be a bit more detailed in my future write ups but can't recommend Anglesey enough for a camping holiday!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb