Military Tattoo - Edinburgh


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
August 7th 2015
Published: September 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

7th



Surprised mum and dad this morning by giving them plane tickets to Edinburgh and to the Military Tattoo!!! I’ve never seen mum so speechless. It took her ages to work out what the paper was in her hand. Dad clicked straight away...but just kept repeating...”You’re Joking....you’re joking”!!!! Ha....love it when a plan comes together!! So then we had the morning to get ready....but just as we were about to have breakfast, Johan....a friend of Ben’s came knocking at the door to take us to the local markets before he went into Paris for work. He took us to the best cheese shop in the town...but it was closed. So then he showed us through the markets and then left us there to explore as he had to go to work. We had a quick look and then headed back to the house to ‘pack’. Not much needed there...only going overnight.



Then drove into an organised airport carpark and they shuttled us to the airport. From there it was a quick flight to Edinburgh where Scotty was waiting to pick us up. Dinner with a mate of his and then he dropped us very close to the castle. A short walk and we were settled in our seats. Phil was a couple of rows behind the rest of us, but that's the closest we could get 4 tickets. Well it was just stunning!! For years I've watched it on the tv and now I was sitting, seeing it live. Loved it so much!! Very small seating venue so seemed very close to all the action. Once it was all over, Scotty met us again and took us back to his place. In the morning it was out for breakfast, Melanie joined us and then back to the airport and back to Paris.



Back to our place in Herblay where John and Wendy had just arrived. Good timing!! They'd had many delays on their trip over and then had to wait for hours at Paris for John's bag to finally arrive.



The next morning (9th) we drove Mum and Dad into the airport for their return flight home. A whirlwind trip – an adventure of a lifetime.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.322s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb