i traveled all the way to Scotland for a Coors Light and Terry's chocolate orange


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
June 29th 2012
Published: July 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

as predicted, i've done a fairly half decent job at neglecting this blog, however in my defence the wifi at this hostel is absolute garbage, so really we can only improve from here. our flight into glasgow from toronto was a fairly easy one where i was lucky enough to have slept like a rock (thank you gravol).

we trekked our way to the hostel straight from the airport only to find we couldnt check in until 3pm. still sporting the same clothes as the previous morning, we dropped our bags with them and went to see what Glasgow had to offer. we made our way to the cathedral, the people's palace and the gardens. everything here is central which is nice but after all of the travelling i was absolutely wiped. i cant remember the last time i begged to go to bed by 10.

today is our last day in Glasgow. as i havent mentioned yet its VERY wet and rainy here. but not at all the same kind of rain. we get way too excited when there are moments of sunsshinne and feel the need to make big proclomations of our love for the sun hahah. this morning we took the train to Balloch, then bused out to loch lomond where we did a 2.5 hr hike up a mountain and saw the Highlands. it was absolutely stunning. we stopped 3/4 of the way to eat our sandwiches and then saw 'the clouds'. these weren't even the average scottish rain clouds we had been seeing....this was a whole new ball game. i pretended to be a big girl and told Julie it was no big deal, and we kept going (which we would have done either way!). ten minutes later we are being pelted with hail, the fog is so thick that we couldnt even see what we had just walked up and all we could do was laugh. only us. but we kept going- and eventually the hail just turrned into a violent hail and windstorm at the top, and we were okay with that.

We took the bus/train back to our hostel where in a wet state of exhaustion decided to postpone our "haggis night" one more night and just stay in and get ready to leave tomorrow.

Currently sitting in our strange hostel, eating a terry's chocolate orange drinking a coor's light. This city is wack.



Post production: just as we were climbing into our bunks i went to put my iPod in and settle into bed.... water damaged. Absolutely FRIED. This turned into a run to Tesco to buy rice (It'll totally work, right?!) at 11:30 pm (in pyjamas!) and getting hollered at by circus men?

Maybe I won't be coming back to Glasgow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb