Kintyre. Hebrides


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
May 1st 2012
Published: May 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We are on the mainland of Kintyre after travelling 55 miles around the Isle of Arran. Our hosts are a couple who Bill has made contact through twitter, living in an Eco house which John has built himself. Sue is an excellent cook and we have been treated like Royalty. Arran is a very pleasant island to visit, as they all, seem to be, and we have seen plenty of wildlife, seals, shelducks, eider ducks, hares, shags, gannets, loads of oyster catchers and many more. The wind is still quite strong but now down to force 4/5 and thankfully mostly behind us today. Holy island was on our list today, but when we got to Lamlash to the ferry we were told it was not running today. However, when we told the ferryman that we needed to set foot on it to give us the 43 islands he took pity on us and kindly took is across for nothing in his own boat - what generous people there are! Especially our hosts who put us up on so many nights. Tommorow we are off on a trip to Gigha to see the bays and the gardens of what was once the Laird's house and now owned by a trust.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb