Aviemore to Glasgow


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
June 24th 2011
Published: June 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Avimore to Glasgow



Passing through Kinloch Laggan we noticed another castle (Ardverikie) – commonly filmed in ‘Monarch of the Glen’, a popular TV program in the UK.
Just before heading south we visited a memorial to The Commandos who gave their lives in service of Britain during the 1939-1945 War.
We drove on to Fort William, in the shadow of Ben Nevis (tallest mountain in Scotland), and then along the shores of Loch Linnhe to Glencoe – the Valley of the Weeping.
Then our route headed south towards Glasgow, leading us along the banks of braes of Loch Lomond where we enjoyed a boat trip, cruising the Loch as our skipper told us stories while we took in the stunning scenery.
In the heart of Glasgow city, we joined our tour group for dinner in a resteraunt called Darcy’s. The city was alive with people everywhere you looked, and we heard that Robbie Williams is performing tonight with a boy band (Take That), as well as Paul Simon (from Simon & Garfunkle)!
Feeling exhausted from doing very little walking or physical exercise so far this trip, we returned to our hotel to crash for the night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.421s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0814s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb