Munrobagging with Edi near Corrour


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » The Highlands
August 5th 2009
Published: September 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Corrour Loch Ossian


We spent five days walking near Corrour Station, a station that was made famous by the film, Trainspotting. It is Britain's highest train station and the area between the station and Ben Alder is one of the most remote in Britain. in Trainspotting Tommy explains to Rents, Sickboy, Begby and the ginger one what a great country Scotland is but they wholeheartedly disagree. Maybe they knew something about the midgies nearby but they could have had few complaints about the landscape of lakes, mountain and heather. I'm sure the sheer number of deer would have impressed their drug-addled brains too. Their loss.

Edi managed 5 days walking and his 100th and 101st ticks and there were some sore knees on the lovely train journey back to Edinburgh via Glasgow. I managed 4 days walking and 8 ticks myself. We were really lucky with the weather overall

Still, those midges were feckers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



29th September 2009

Nice post & pics
First class. How was the temperature?
30th September 2009

cool
My sister in law has been talking about this corrour station for along time. My days for venturing anywhere near midges countries are wellover. Dan and Bill camped on one of the island in loch lomond ( they went across on their canoe) and came back with 50 odd sheep ticks on their bodies.My tweezer was bury busy that week end. They are are stiil itching after 0ver 10 days. The only I can think of was thank god I didn't go.
30th September 2009

It wasn't too cold actually since you ask. We had a bit of rain and it was 20C or so. Ideal for midgies and we were on the side of a lovely Highland muir into the bargain.

Tot: 0.356s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 18; qc: 88; dbt: 0.0995s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb