CALLANDER


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Perthshire » Callander
July 27th 2010
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After driving through the strangely named Kilmahog, we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at our site in Callander. Having had to book something at the last minute we were not expecting that much. Our pitch had its own water supply. This may seem like a strange thing to get excited about to those of you living in houses with running water. But believe me, when living in a caravan, its things like this that make it easier. After setting up we drove into town and had a wander around the many shops. It was good to be close to so many amenities after our daily tips to Inverness. Town was still about a mile away from the site so the site was still nice and quiet. We found plenty of pubs, shops selling shortbread and I ♥ Scotland T-shirts and a number of chip shops selling deep fried haggis and black pudding - we could feel out arteries clogging just reading the menu. We also found a Christmas shop which was strange to walk round as we were experiencing the hottest weather since arriving in Scotland.

The next day the sun was still shining so we knew there was only one thing we should do…. BBQ! We also had tonnes of washing to do. Yes even being on holiday there are boring chores to do!
Later that day we wandered to our nearest pub the Myrtle Inn. On the way Andy chatted excitedly about the possibility of his first decent pint of ale since Northumberland. His excitement was soon quashed when he realised that their only ale was Best. His smile slowly disappeared with each sip, as he struggled through the whole pint which tasted like it had half a bag of sugar in it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb