Another Year Older and what do you get


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Perthshire » Aberfeldy
January 12th 2010
Published: January 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So its goodbye to 2009 and welcome 2010.
Like the rest of the UK the weather has been the main event of late. We haven't had the volumes of snow suffered by most of the UK. In fact since the first snows, a week or so before Christmas, we've escaped with no more than the occasional light shower. The roads between here and civilisation have been kept clear but access to the farmyard has been impossible other than by 4x4. So all other vehicles are left at the road end. We're still without our own car which still in the garage while Peter, the mechanic, tries to source a replacement fuel pump (either reconditioned or from a scappy). Meantime we've the use of an old (N reg) Peugeot 105.

Hogmanay was a bit quiet as Tombreck residents were struck by various ailments and the various guests we expected all pulled out due to the adverse weather affecting the central belt. So it was residents only but we still managed a bit of a bash to see the New Year in.

We have however managed to keep the party spirit going with a belated New Year party on the
and againand againand again

Before the snow we had some beautiful misty days
2nd/3rd when some of our expected guests did make it through the snow and a small soiree for Tober's birthday.

Anyway this was just an excuse to add some more photos and wish you all a belated "Guid New Year"


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Dec 25 2009 027Dec 25 2009 027
Dec 25 2009 027

Wendy and I went sledging
dec 27 2009 002dec 27 2009 002
dec 27 2009 002

Thumper trying to catch snow flakes


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb