Another party


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Perthshire » Aberfeldy
June 25th 2009
Published: June 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Everything was gearing up for Tombreck's mid-summer bash Wendy and I (assisted as ever by Ewan) were rushing around trying to finish bits and bobs - tiling, painting, sanding, lime-washing and in between we managed to get back down to Linlithgow and pick up a hire van to bring up a few more bits of furniture (including a couch and futon). It was a bit hectic but we more or less got there by Friday evening when Rob (one of our first woofers) arrived with a friend Gudrun followed shortly thereafter by John Lyle. We all ended up at the farmhouse till the sma hours - not the best preparation for an all night party the following night (at least not when you're over 60!

Saturday Wendy was up at the crack of dawn (not quite as sunrise is around 3.30 am as we would note later). Much rushing around and mounds of food began to appear all over the kitchen. Eventually we were ready. Dave and Ruth arrived from Liverpool - the first bike in what almost turned into a Moto Guzzi rally. They were closely followed by Gavin and Niome who brought me the perfect gift for my old age - a rocking chair. Thereafter there was a pretty constant stream of visitors and we could have made a small fortune if we'd charged for guided tours.

Eventually people (around a hundred) made there way down to the beach and a great night followed, great music, good craic, plus bonfires, barbecue, canoe, fireworks, a burning wicker man and for the first time in several years - no rain! Lots of midges though. We eventually made it to bed just as the sun was coming up around 3.30am. No photos as we mislaid the camera.

Although we were again up earlish (around 8.30), Sunday was a lazy day much of it spent sitting in the sun and snacking on the remains of the food. It was a day of partings with almost everyone heading back down the road to return to work on the Monday.

After everyone left we decided to have a bath before heading down to the manse for a farewell party for Marcus and our Swedish friends. However once out the bath we both kind of collapsed into bed then back down the road Monday to get the car Mot'd (successfully), arrange to put the Linlithgow house on the market and for Wendy to return to work.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Tuning upTuning up
Tuning up

Eddie getting in tune
My rocking chairMy rocking chair
My rocking chair

Perfectly placed for the view but I imagine I won't be spending that much time watching the world go by till the garden is landscaped and planted - maybe next year!
Coming to in the sunshineComing to in the sunshine
Coming to in the sunshine

Al, Charlie, Eddie etc the morning after


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb