Pennine Way 21. That’s all folks.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
September 8th 2019
Published: September 8th 2019
Edit Blog Post

It’s true this time. The location is correct despite the fact we have taxied and trained around both England and Scotland to get here. No more serious walking, guide book referencing and map orientating (at least until the next big walk) as we, and now for a while we are 3, are in the big city and bright lights of Edinburgh. It’s like I never left. There are tourists everywhere, the ubiquitous bagpiper on the corner, lots of bars and microbrewery pubs and heaps of touts drumming up business for the various hop on/hop off type bus tours. There’s a shop here that roasts an entire pig on a spit then pulls the meat apart and serves it in a bun with apple and mustard sauce (there are other sauces but I’ve never gone past apple and mustard) and I found it again and well for old times sake...

Our BnB is less than 100 metres from the Royal Mile so it’s extremely well located and very well serviced. It’s a 2 bedroom place with comfy lounge, good bathroom and good facilities so it is doing the job well. It’s almost 5 o’clock and almost time to wake Lee up so she can get into local rhythm a bit. I managed to get evening meal and breakfast supplies but a roast chook is impossible to find and even with me asking for ‘roast chicken’ I was spectacularly unsuccessful.

It is unlikely that we will do anything touristy tomorrow although I think Julie will do the bus thing and maybe even visit the Royal Yacht. I’ll let Lee get her English legs before setting off down towards the Lake District for a few days.

Next blog should start in a week or so. Our travels in the UK are simply filling in a few of our favourite places and visiting some special friends. When it comes to ’Off to Morocco’ I’ll probably restart another blog.

That’s all folks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb